Information on Arrival and Departure
Should I get my Nepalese visa in advance or at the airport?
Most of our clients choose to get their visas at Kathmandu airport. This may mean some time queuing, but the transfer bus won't leave for the hotel until all arriving passengers are through Immigration and have collected their bags. So if you have your visa in advance, you will avoid the visa queue but you won’t get to the hotel any earlier. If you'd like to get your visa in advance, please contact the Nepalese embassy direct.
How to apply and get Tourist Visa:
- 1st Step:
- Fill in ' Arrival Card '
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form ( you can fill it up prior to your arrival by visiting official website of Department of Immigration, fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get submission Receipt with barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- 2nd Step:
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
- 3rd Step:
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport.
- Hand in your documents to immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
Note* : While you can use different modes of payments (at visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee at Entry Points:
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
Visa Extension Fee:
- Tourist visa extension is done for minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.